Mapped: Top Interior Design Trends By Country
From Scandinavian-inspired decor to maximalism; we’ve researched and collected data for the most popular interior design trends across the world. We’ve mapped out which interior trend is most Googled per country to see just how popular certain trends are, and where they are most searched.
Top 10 Interior Search Trends Revealed
With over 105,000 annual searches, Shabby Chic was named the most popular interior search trend. “Shabby chic is a style of interior design where furniture and furnishings are either chosen for their appearance of age and signs of wear and tear or where new items are distressed to achieve the appearance of an antique.”
Europe’s Most Searched For Interior Trends
- • Shabby Chic is the most popular design trend in Europe.
• Scandinavian decor has seen a huge surge in popularity over the past few years, and data reveals that Denmark has stayed true to its roots by searching for Scandinavian Design the most.
- • Surprisingly, Maximalism is the second most popular trend when all of the other styles are fairly simple and minimalist.
The United Kingdom’s Most Searched For Interior Trends
• Here in the UK, we’re known for loving more traditional interior trends so it’s not surprising that our favourite decor is Shabby Chic.
- • French Country and Industrial style are also popular in both the UK and the US.
- Maximalism is also extremely popular across the UK, Europe and the US.
The United States of America’s Most Searched For Interior Trends
• Mid Century Modern Interior Design is the most popular trend in the USA.
- • Shabby Chic didn’t make the top 5 in the US like in Europe and the UK.
- The top 5 trends in the USA show a real combination of decors and tastes.
We used Google Search Trend data to determine which countries had the highest search volume for specific interior design trends. We then displayed our findings in a worldwide map to clearly show the results.